This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SendingYourLove #CollectiveBias
These delicious homemade chocolate turtles are easy to make with just a few simple ingredients – the ultimate sweet and salty treats for your Valentines!
Last Christmas, a coworker of mine gave me a box of homemade chocolate turtles. It was so delicious I couldn’t wait to try my hand at making some to give as gifts. Since Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, I decided it was time to actually make my own. I know that when most of us think of this day we tend to think of our significant other but why not make it a time to celebrate all those that make life special!
These chocolate turtles are quite easy to make and you’ll end up with a big batch to share in no time.
To start, create small piles of pecan clusters in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, overlapping slightly.
Next, melt storebought or homemade soft caramel candy in the microwave on HIGH (or in a saucepan over low heat) with a little heavy cream or half and half. Then pour about one tablespoon of the melted caramel over the pecans. Refrigerate and let the caramel set.
Once the caramel is set, dip the clusters into melted chocolate, letting any excess chocolate drip before placing on the baking sheet. I used semisweet chocolate here, but you can use dark, white or milk chocolate if you prefer. I also sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top — the sweet and salty combo makes it really delicious!
Once the chocolate coating hardens, you’ll be able to peel the candy right off the parchment paper.
I’m sure almost anyone would appreciate these homemade sweet treats — think about your friends, coworkers, neighbors, anyone you might want to make smile.
Along with my homemade gift, I included these beautiful Hallmark Signature cards I picked up at my local Walmart. Hallmark offers a wide range of greeting cards including the Signature Collection, which is a line of premium, handcrafted greeting cards being featured at Walmart for Valentine’s Day.
- 8 oz pecan halves, roasted
- 25 caramel squares, unwrapped
- 2 tbsps cream or half-and-half
- 10 oz semisweet, milk, or white chocolate, melted
- Sea salt, for sprinkling
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Make small piles of pecans using about 4 pieces per pile, overlapping slightly.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine caramels and cream, and heat on HIGH to melt, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Add about 1 tablespoon caramel to the top of each pecan pile and let it set.
- Once the caramel is set, dip clusters in melted chocolate until both sides are coated. Sprinkle with sea salt on top.
- Allow turtles to firm up at room temperature or in the fridge before serving.
Be on the lookout for the in-aisle coupon offer for $2 off a 2 card purchase (min $2 purchase required, expires Feb 15). Check out this link to find additional digital coupon offers and Valentine’s inspiration.
I hope this tutorial inspires you to do something special for those people in your life who bring you love and joy!