This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., Abreva, Clorox, Theraflu and
TYLENOL®. All opinions are mine alone. #AHealthyHolidays #CollectiveBias
Wake up to this delicious Cranberry Orange French Toast Bake, a festive overnight breakfast casserole perfect for holiday morning!
The holidays are right around the corner and we’re all looking for those festive dishes for holiday potlucks and gatherings. Maybe you’ll be hosting out of town guests this holiday season? Or you want a special treat to enjoy on Christmas morning? This French toast casserole is just the recipe you need!
I love to make special breakfast dishes for the holidays but I don’t like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. That is what makes this Cranberry Orange French Toast Bake the perfect solution. Slices of French bread are soaked in a cinnamon brown sugar custard mixture overnight, with dollops with sweet and tart cranberry sauce, and then baked until it’s all set with a golden brown crust on top.
The recipe is super simple to make and produces a decadent French toast casserole which is then topped with powdered sugar and drizzled with maple syrup if you like.
This casserole makes it so easy to bring to a holiday brunch or for serving at home if you have guests visiting around the holidays. Even better, it’s ideal for those mornings when you want to sleep in a bit, yet wake up with an effortless, decadent and warm breakfast waiting for you. It just fills your house with that delicious aroma!
Festive recipes like this get me so excited for the holidays, but one thing that I’m truly not excited for is germ season. I bet you’re all with me there, right? I’m pretty much a walking germaphobe, especially this time of the year when everywhere I go, I’m surrounded by people who are coughing and sneezing. Being sick around the holidays is no fun, so I make sure to stock up on everything we need to keep us healthy.
Thankfully Kroger had everything I needed and I was able to take advantage of the savings too – I was able to pick up prepare my medicine cabinet with all these essentials in one easy shopping trip:
• Abreva – proven to heal cold sores and shorten the duration of pain, itching, burning, tingling. Provides the best results when used at the first sign of a cold sore.
• Theraflu ExpressMax Severe Cold & Flu – defeats seven cold and flu symptoms fast and provides powerful relief without a prescription. Defeats sore throat, nasal congestion, chest congestion, fever, cough, headache, body aches.
• TYLENOL® Cold + Flu Severe Day/Night – provides all in one cold and flu symptom relief. It’s the #1 doctor recommended pain relief brand. The day/night pack contains caplets to relieve painful cold and flu symptoms like coughing, congestion, and sore throat.
• Clorox Disinfecting Wipes –Kills 99.9% of germs* that can live on surfaces** for up to 48 hours. I use it to wipe down counters and door handles.
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into slices or cubes
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp orange zest
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- Powdered sugar or maple syrup, for serving
- Spray a 9”x13” casserole dish with cooking spray and arrange bread in an even layer in the dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, orange juice, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and orange zest. Pour egg mixture evenly over top of the bread.
- Let the bread soak for at least 10 minutes or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. When you’re ready to bake, dollop cranberry sauce over the top.
- Preheat oven to 350F and bake (covered with foil) for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for another 20 to 30 minutes until set in the center and the top is golden brown. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup if desired.
Abreva – Use only as directed. Read and follow label directions. Clorox – Use as directed on hard non-porous. Theraflu – Read and follow label directions. Theraflu is for use in adults 12 years and older. Use products only as directed. TYLENOL® – ® Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. 2017. Use products only as directed. The makers of TYLENOL® remind you to use only one medicine with acetaminophen at a time.
*On hard, non-porous surfaces. See product label for list of organisms.