This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #RediscoverLaMorena #CollectiveBias
Smothered with spicy, smoky cheese sauce and cooling avocado crema, these chipotle cheese fries are sure to satisfy!
Recently, we went to a baseball game where I saw a list of loaded cheese fries on the menu at the concession stand. After debating between getting the classic version or the special fries with garlic butter, I decided to try the garlic cheese fries and was seriously blown away. Who would’ve thought something so classic and delicious already can be reinvented and improved upon?!
After trying those special cheese fries, I decided to take my classic cheese fries recipe to the next level and update it with a little twist, and I finally got around to making them this past weekend. Let’s just say these Chipotle Cheese Fries with Avocado Crema were every bit as scrumptious and addictive as I had thought!
To start, I took the easy route by using frozen waffle fries baked until crispy and golden brown. Next, instead of making my go-to cheese sauce recipe, I decided to try out something new by adding chipotle peppers! I love to use LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo in carnitas and chilis, but am recently inspired to rediscover the flavors and incorporate into new dishes. These new and improved cheese fries are just exploding with flavors.
I love all things spicy so adding some pickled jalapenos on top of the fries and chipotle cheese sauce is a must, before popping it into the oven briefly to melt the shredded cheese and warm everything back up. Finally, I drizzled some cooling avocado crema which pairs perfectly with the spicy, smoky flavors.
For this recipe, I used LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo (7oz) in the cheese sauce and garnished with LA MORENA® Whole Jalapeños (28oz), both of which can be found at Giant Eagle. Have you tried LA MORENA® products before? They’re a leader in the chiles and peppers category, providing US consumers with the highest quality products made in the style and with the taste of the authentic Mexican home and traditional recipes for over 45 years. Be inspired to rediscover more flavors and recipes with LA MORENA® here.
I hope you get to try this recipe soon. I promise that you won’t be disappointed!
- 1 ripe medium avocado, pitted
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsps fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 20 oz frozen waffle fries
- 5 oz evaporated milk
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 LA MORENA® Chipotle Pepper in Adobo, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- LA MORENA® Whole Jalapeños, sliced
- Diced tomatoes and cilantro, for garnish
- Place avocado, cilantro, sour cream, lime juice, and water in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Cook fries according to package instructions, until crispy and golden brown.
- Heat milk in a saucepan over medium low heat. Place cheddar cheese (set aside ½ cup for garnish) and cornstarch in a bowl and toss to coat. Add cheese mixture to the saucepan and whisk until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add chipotle pepper and stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place fries in a cast iron skillet or baking sheet. Top with cheese sauce, reserved cheddar cheese, and pickled jalapeno peppers. Broil on high for 3 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Garnish with avocado crema, jalapenos and diced tomatoes if desired.