This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and the Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayBundle #PlayPauseRefresh #CollectiveBias
These crispy Bacon Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups with creamy, cheesy, and spicy filling are an easy appetizer and make the perfect game day bite!
Football season is in full swing, all leading up to the main event in February. So for all of you football fans out there, I’ll keep sharing my recipes for homegating or tailgating fare that are easy to eat while you stay focused on the game!
Here’s my latest game day snack: Bacon Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups! These individual bites are made with wonton skins baked until golden brown and crispy, then filled with a mixture of jalapeno peppers, cream cheese, bacon, and cheddar cheese. They are finished off in the hot oven until the filling becomes nice and bubbly, and the cheese melts beautifully all over the top.
Doesn’t that sound delicious? Yup, it really is!
Because they’re made in a muffin pan, it’s super easy to throw together, and is also packed with all of the flavors you love in a jalapeno popper. Seriously, I could not stop eating these. I taste tested two of these as soon as they came out of the oven (before I even started taking photos for this post!) since I couldn’t possibly wait and let them cool down completely.
The best part about this recipe is that you can pre-bake the wonton skin cups until they are slightly golden, so that when you’re ready to serve, you can just fill them and bake until golden brown and crispy. These wonton cups are truly a lazy girl’s dream appetizer.
- Cooking spray
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray and place one wonton wrapper in each muffin tin. Bake for 8 minutes until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, stir together the remaining ingredients in a bowl, reserving some shredded cheese and bacon for garnish.
- Spoon filling into each wonton cup, sprinkle with reserved cheese and bacon, and bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and wonton cups are golden brown. Serve warm.
And you know what they pair well with? A glass of icy cold COCA-COLA® ZERO SUGAR! Coca-Cola is a tailgating staple in my house and I especially love that the new COKE ZERO SUGAR tastes refreshing, has more real Coca-Cola® flavor, and still without any sugar.
Remember you can find these Coca-Cola products to pair with your delicious game day eats at your local Albertsons, Tom Thumb and Randalls. Be sure to look out for the stock up sale starting in-store on 10/4 where you can save on many products.
Also, show us how you #PlayPauseRefresh for a chance to win a $25 gift card or even a grand prize package including a 55″ television, a sound bar, a TV stick, and a catered viewing party! For more information on how to enter please click here.
Want more game day recipes? Check out these awesome tailgating dishes:
- BBQ Glazed Little Smokies
- Baked Buffalo Wings
- Thick and Chewy Fudge Brownies
- Easy 5-Ingredient Beef Chili