High in protein and packed full of nutrients, this Spinach, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Wrap makes a healthy breakfast on-the-go.
Most days of the week I prepare breakfast at home before heading to work, whether it is a simple cinnamon oatmeal or yogurt and granola parfait. Whenever I am in a rush though, a breakfast wrap from Starbucks does the trick. I love how they are high in protein but are still low in fat, so I decided to recreate my own with eggs and egg whites, spinach, and shredded cheddar cheese.
These are freezer-friendly so be sure to make a few on your meal prep day and stash away in the freezer for healthy breakfast on-the-go anytime!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5oz fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas, toasted
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs and egg whites in a mixing bowl. Add mixture to skillet and cook until eggs are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Place egg mixture in the center of each tortilla, and sprinkle with cheese. Fold in half and serve warm.