This cocktail combines fresh pineapple, rum, and lots of mint for a fruity refresher.
Happy Friday! Any fun plans for the weekend? National Rum Day is in two days and nothing captures the celebration and spirit of the holiday quite like a mojito…or two. ;)
I wanted to put a spin on the classic mojito by throwing some fresh pineapple into the mix. Fresh, light, and perfectly tart — this is a refreshing summer cocktail sure to satisfy the rum lovers out there. Enjoy!
While you’re here, be sure to check out my other fun summer cocktails:
- ½ cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 tbsp sugar, or to taste
- Ice cubes
- 4 oz light rum
- Juice from ½ lime
- Club soda, for serving
- Pineapple chunks and mint leaves, for garnish
- Place pineapple, mint leaves, and sugar in a cocktail shaker and muddle with a cocktail muddler or wooden spoon.
- Add ice and shake together with rum and lime juice until chilled.
- Strain into two glasses and top with club soda. Garnish with pineapple chunks and mint leaves.