This tropical smoothie is made with pineapple, coconut, and a dose of healthy greens. Cool, creamy, delicious – it’s perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon pick-me-up.
I hope you had an amazing weekend! I say we kickstart the day with a really good green smoothie.
I first tried a variation of it from my local juice bar and thought about it way too much for days after. I knew I had to make my own version but decided to tweak it a bit in order to sneak in a little extra greens.
I love that it has just the right amount of sweetness and is packed with nutrients to get me through the morning. Oh, and a great pre/post workout drink too.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ¼ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp honey, optional
- ½ cup ice cubes, or more if needed
- Handful of baby spinach or kale
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve cold.