This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thanks for reading and supporting this blog! #ShareFunshine #CollectiveBias
This versatile cookie dough makes soft, irresistible M&M’s® cookies — Giant Cookie Cake or Peanut Butter Cookie Bars? Your choice!
It may be September already, but we still have a little over two weeks of summer left so I’m enjoying every minute of it while it lasts! Labor Day is coming up next week which means I’ve got a long weekend ahead, and I’m looking to make the most of it starting with whipping up a batch of M&M’s® Cookie Dough to make both M&M’s® Giant Cookie Cake and Peanut Butter M&M’s® Cookie Bars.
Nothing beats a tried and true classic recipe, and this cookie dough recipe I am sharing today is one you can use over and over again in different ways. These are the perfect cookies to share with those around you, and you’d want to make them for summer parties, BBQs, picnics, movie nights, and even game day!
You’ve got a few options with this cookie dough. You can bake it into a GIANT cookie cake and pipe frosting onto it, which makes it perfect for celebrations.
You can also add some peanut butter to the mix and turn them into cookie bars. These bars are loaded with M&M’s® Peanut for an extra peanut texture and flavor boost.
Whichever route you take, they are sure to disappear very quickly because I don’t know anyone who can resist these homemade cookies!
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup M&M’s® Plain
- Frosting for decorations (optional)
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup M&M’s® Peanut
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract, and mix well. Add dry ingredients and stir until flour mixture is incorporated.
- To make giant cookie cake: fold in M&M’s® Plain and press dough evenly into a 12-inch pizza or pie pan lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top of the cookie cake is light golden brown and slightly firm to the touch. Remove from pan and let cool completely before frosting if desired.
- To make peanut butter cookie bars: Fold in peanut butter and M&M’s® Peanut, and press dough evenly into a 9" square baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top of the cookie bars is light golden brown and slightly firm to the touch. Remove from pan and let cool completely before cutting into squares or rectangles.
Be sure to click here for savings on M&M’s®, SNICKERS® Ice Cream Bars, Dr Pepper® Cherry, Skittles®, Pedigree Dentastix®! Download the Blippar app from your Apple or Android store to scan your package and receive exclusive content.
What are some of your favorite recipes for making summer fun?