These flourless chocolate cookies are decadent, chewy, and easy to make; they require just six ingredients!
This cookie recipe comes from my sister, and it’s one of those tried-and-true recipes I make again and again. I use ground almond which keeps these cookies moist and chewy — I also like to add a scoop of Nutella for hazelnut flavor.
The best part about this recipe is that it doesn’t contain flour, so you don’t have to worry about serving them to gluten-free cookie lovers!
- ¾ cup ground almond
- ¾ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tbsps Nutella
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground almond, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Meanwhile, with a stand mixer or hand-held mixer, beat egg white until soft peaks are formed.
- Add egg white to the dry ingredients and fold until well incorporated. Add Nutella and mix well.
- Spoon batter by the tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets, leaving two inches of space in between. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until small cracks start to form on top of the cookies.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let them cool completely before serving. Dust confectioner's sugar on top if desired.