Fresh and simple Lemon Herb Pasta makes a delicious pairing with seafood or other protein for a weeknight dinner that comes together quickly.
Can you believe it’s July already? This summer has been the busiest and most hectic so far – we’ve been trying to balance between travelling with wrapping up on the details for our wedding, which is in less than two weeks! With summer in full swing, it can be hard to find the motivation (or the time) to cook dinners at home. For me, I’m always looking for ways to save time and energy on menu planning, grocery shopping, and food prepping. What I really need are healthy and delicious summer meals that are quick and easy to make.
These new Simply Baked Shrimp from Gorton’s Seafood has been my favorite lately. They’re perfect for weeknight meals since I can whip up in less than hour – leaving me with more time to enjoy the warm summer nights!
With Gorton’s Simply Bake Shrimp Classic Scampi, you’ve got tender shrimp with garlic, butter and parmesan cheese ready in less 30 minutes. They come in oven-ready pouches, which locks in flavor for a perfectly cooked seafood dish. The shrimp inside the bag are seasoned already, making it a breeze to prepare – just simply pop it into the oven straight from the freezer.
I’ve made this dish a handful of times and it’s quickly becoming one of my go-to meals. I love serving the shrimp with this zesty lemon herb pasta, which is tossed in garlic-infused olive oil, fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, basil, parsley, and a dash of crushed red pepper flakes. Serve it with some garlicky green beans or broccoli, and you’ve got a perfectly, well-rounded summer meal.
I made this recipe with summer in mind so I used fresh herbs but if you have dried herbs on hand they would be totally delicious!
I hope you get to try this delicious dish filled with amazing flavors for this summer and beyond! What are your favorite summer meals?
- 12 oz pasta (I used spaghetti)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente, reserving ½ cup of the liquid from the cooked pasta before draining.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook garlic in olive oil over medium heat until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Toss the drained pasta with the garlic oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes, parsley and basil. Add reserved pasta water a little at a time to help coat the noodles evenly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.