Make these easy Grilled Turkey Fajita Kebabs with seasoned turkey tenderloin chunks, colorful bell peppers and onions for an effortless weeknight dinner.
Warm weather, a relaxing pace to life, and summer barbecues. It’s my favorite time of year and it always makes me a bit sad to see summer coming to an end. But as a creature of habit I’ve to admit to being excited about the return of weekly routines and schedules. Getting back to a schedule usually means getting back into a BUSY schedule, and most of you can probably relate to not having the time or inclination to spend forever in the kitchen getting dinner ready.
I hope you try these quick AND easy grilled kebabs with a Tex-Mex twist!
Thanks to a quick marinade composed of olive oil, lime juice, and a mix of spices, the turkey meat is infused with tons of flavor. It’s so delicious and easily customizable too – you can substitute with other veggies like zucchini, yellow squash, and cherry tomatoes! Plus the clean up is so minimal, which is always a bonus for me :)
This is a no-frill recipe perfect for weeknights when kids are back to school – simply thread the meat onto bamboo skewers with red and green bell peppers and sweet onions, then throw it on the grill for a couple of minutes. The results are these turkey kebabs bursting with juicy tenderness. They can be served with tortillas just like fajitas are or eaten right off the skewers.
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tsps chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 24oz Jennie O turkey breast tenderloin, cut into ¾ inch pieces
- 3 bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Metal or bamboo skewers soaked in water
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Toss in turkey pieces and make sure they are well coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- When ready to cook, preheat the grill to medium high heat. Thread turkey onto skewers, alternating with peppers and onions.
- Place the kebabs on the grill and cook until the turkey is opaque and the vegetables are crisp tender, about 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove and serve immediately.
In this recipe, I used Jennie O’s All Natural Turkey Breast Tenderloin which has been pre-seasoned and can be found in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. The tenderloin works great in numerous recipes, not to mention it’s gluten free and 99% fat free!
What also got me excited is the Jennie O Sun Dried Tomato Turkey Breast found in the deli section. These would definitely make delicious and flavorful school lunch sandwiches and wraps.
Sometimes the best recipes are the simplest and these kebabs prove that to be true. Simple, flavorful and just so delicious.
This post is sponsored by Jennie O as part of the Switch Circle program. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you so much for reading and supporting this blog!