Serve up these savory turkey burgers topped with caramelized onions, blue cheese, and garlic aioli on your next grill night!
Hi there! Did you enjoy your Fourth of July weekend? Ours was definitely an activity-packed one. We kicked off our holiday weekend with a fun barbecue with family and friends, then outdoor movie screening, baseball game, and finally ending with amazing fireworks on the East River. For most people, summertime means grilling time. I’m not really sure why a holiday makes it feel like a special day to grill, but it does.
One of my favorite things to cook on the grill is definitely burgers! Burgers are always crowd pleasers, yet easy enough to make for weeknight dinners.
When I order a burger, I typically get traditional ingredients – lettuce, tomato, onion and pickles. Sometimes I get creative and top them with gourmet ingredients like today, we’ve got caramelized onions, crumbled blue cheese, and garlic aioli. Boy are they delicious!
I served these burgers with some curly fries and the meal was so delicious it tasted like something I would get at a steakhouse.
To make these delicious burgers. I used JENNIE-O 1/3 lb. Seasoned Turkey Burgers which come preseasoned (that means less prep time for me!) so you can pull them out of the freezer and cook directly on the grill or in a skillet.
With 65% less fat than regular USDA ground beef you can add this burger to your weeknight dinner menu and feel good serving it to your family!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 4 JENNIE-O ⅓ lb. Seasoned Turkey Burgers
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Baby arugula leaves, for serving
- 2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- Mix garlic, mayonnaise, olive oil, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, melt butter and cook onions until softened and caramelized, stirring occasionally, about 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat grill over medium heat. Place burgers on well-oiled grill grate and cook for 9 to 10 minutes per side, turning twice, until the patties are fully cooked to 165F.
- Spread garlic aioli on the bottom of hamburger bun. Add arugula and cooked turkey burger then topped with caramelized onions and blue cheese. Enjoy!
Love these burgers? So break out that grill and get to cookin’!
This post is sponsored by Jennie O as part of the Switch Circle program. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you so much for reading and supporting this blog!