Juicy, tender pork al pastor kebabs skewered with pineapple, peppers, and sweet onions – these skewers are a staple during grilling season and easy enough for any day of the week!
Doesn’t it always seem like after getting out of town for a couple of days, you are always scrambling around to get everything back into full swing? Well, that’s pretty much how this week and last week have been for me. It’s during those times when I don’t feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen. Plus, the massive heat wave we are experiencing doesn’t help the situation either.
Because of that, I thought it would be great to create a recipe that can be made in under 30 minutes from start to finish! My family loves getting together over the summer for some grilling, and it’s about time I up my grilling game with a new, tasty barbecue recipe: Pork Kebabs Al Pastor!
To serve with these grilled pork kebabs al pastor…I made a cilantro jalapeno sauce in the food processor with garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime juice. We love some heat in our food so I used two whole jalapenos, but you can remove the seeds if you prefer it less spicy.
These kebabs make a delicious, family-friendly meal solution for any day of week because there’s hardly any effort other than putting all the ingredients on wooden skewers and letting the grill do all the work. It’s win-win in my book!
So what makes these grilled pork kebabs stand out from the others?
First, the flavors are amazing and the meat in these pork kebabs al pastor turns out so tender and juicy. And second, because the meat is already marinated you save a ton of time in prep work. For the pork, we decided to go with Hatfield Dry Rub Seasoned Honey Chipotle Tenderloin. It’s just perfect for summer grilling, entertaining, and creative recipes for the whole family.
I found the Hatfield products in the meat aisle of ShopRite. Look for Hatfield tenderloin in other new flavors such as Hatfield Dry Rub Seasoned Cracked Black Pepper, Hatfield Dry Rub Seasoned Honey Ginger Teriyaki, Hatfield Dry Rub Seasoned Savory Brown Sugar, Hatfield Dry Rub Seasoned Touch of Sea Salt, Hatfield Dry Rub Seasoned Sweet Sriracha, and Hatfield Dry Rub Seasoned Smokey Balsamic using the store locator.
Visit here for more delicious pork recipes to #ResetTheTable so you can spend less time worrying about what the meal looks like, while spending more time with the people we share meals with.
- 2 jalapenos, halved and seeded
- 1½ cups fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tbsps freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Hatfield Dry Rub Seasoned Honey Chipotle Tenderloin
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 red onion, diced
- Metal or wooden skewers
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Combine jalapenos, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend until well combined, adding water if necessary to achieve desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Thread kebabs alternately with the marinated pork, peppers, pineapple, and onions. Brush each kebab lightly with oil and then grill for about 5 minutes per side, turning once, or until the pork is completely cooked through.
- Remove kebabs from grill and serve immediately with cilantro jalapeno sauce.