Baked Jalapeño Cheddar Poppers with crunchy topping and melted cheese filling make perfect family movie night snacks!
Over the weekend, I had some leftover jalapenos and wanted to quickly put together for our movie night in, which is how these scrumptious Jalapeño Cheddar Poppers happened!
These jalapeño poppers are baked until golden brown and crunchy on top, and warm and melted on the inside. Once you try this lighter recipe, you’d never want to go back to the deep fried version.
You can prep them ahead of time, then let them bake right before you are ready to start the movie. Make a big batch because you and your guests won’t be able to stop at having just one!
The first step is to cut fresh jalapeños in half lengthwise, then scoop out and discard the seeds. You don’t have to remove the white part but only if you prefer it less spicy.
Make sure you wear gloves to protect your fingers. And don’t rub your eyes (or nose…don’t ask me how I know).
Fill them with the cream cheese mixture, sprinkle some bread crumbs on top, and pop them in the oven for 15 minutes and you got some warm appetizers that work well for movie night and even holiday parties.
- 12 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 6 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil or coat with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and garlic powder until well blended. Fill each jalapeño pepper half with the mixture and top with bread crumbs.
- Arrange peppers on the prepared baking sheet and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is bubbly, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
What is your favorite snacks for movie night in?