This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareIceColdFun #CollectiveBias
Get your grill ready for these delicious steak kebabs, marinated and cooked to juicy, flavorful perfection!
With summer fast approaching, we’re all scrambling for easy recipes that we can share with friends and family at backyard parties and cookout. Whenever I think of summer cookout food, I usually think of kebabs because putting food on a skewer makes entertaining and clean up especially easy. As you’ve seen, I’m a huge fan of skewered food, whether it is caprese skewers, or fruit pops, or edible fruit arrangements.
One of the best things about these steak kebabs is that they are flavorful on their own and no extra sauce is needed for serving. There’s nothing better than bite size pieces of steak that is infused with Asian flavor and are grilled to perfection with vegetables. I like to use different colors of bell peppers and zucchini, but feel free to use whatever you like and are able to find at the local farmer’s market.
One tip to keep in mind is that if you are using bamboo skewers, you want to soak them in water for about 30 minutes before you use them. This way they don’t catch on fire on the grill.
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsps rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- l tbsp honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 lb chuck or sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch bite size pieces
- 2 large bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- Metal or wooden skewers
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, vegetable oil, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ginger, and black pepper.
- Add steak pieces and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread kebabs alternately with the marinated steak, peppers and zucchini. Brush each kebab lightly with oil and then grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, turning once, or until the steak is cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- Remove kebabs from grill and serve immediately.
While the steak kebabs are working their flavorful magic on the grill, you can share an ice cold Coca-Cola™ with your company! And guess what? Share an Ice Cold Coke is back this year with an expanded list of names, featuring 1,000 new names with both first and last names!
You can find all of the ingredients for this recipe as well as the rest of your cookout essentials at Giant Eagle – I love how it’s an easy one-stop shop. Next time you’re shopping at Giant Eagle, have fun finding your family and friend’s names on the bottles and surprise your friends and family. It’s always more fun that way!