This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HomegatingHeroes #CollectiveBias
Kick-off your game day with these mouthwatering Vietnamese Flank Steak Sandwiches all football fans will love!
Football season is upon us! Baseball may be our national pastime, but football is our national obsession, especially around this time of the year. Whether you’re a diehard football fan who watches every single one of your team’s games, or maybe someone who simply enjoys gathering with friends and family and watching the game at home, there’s no denying that game day eats are one of the highlights of football watching.
Sandwiches are perfect for game day since people can munch on it the entire game. Instead of good ol’ roast beef and cheese subs, I decided to step up my game with these delicious marinated steak sandwiches! You know that the best thing to accompany the game is a spread of the most delicious food out there so that everyone can leave with a fully and happy game day belly.
These Vietnamese Flank Steak Sandwiches are guaranteed crowd pleaser. Flavorful flank steak is grilled to perfection, then sliced and sandwiched between crunchy pickled vegetables and toasted baguettes.
To get my homegating preparation in check, I made a stop at Dollar General to stock up on all of the essential items l needed to cut down on clean up time.
The first thing l got started on was marinating the steak. Marinating the steak helps tenderize it and give the meat lots of flavor. These Glad® Gallon Size Food Storage Bags are perfect for this task because you can turn it around occasionally to make sure the marinade is distributed evenly without worrying about spills and leaks.
Of course, I’ve got Sparkle® Paper Towel handy to clean up any mess in the kitchen and around the house before my guests arrive.
Once assembled, I like to store the sandwiches in these Glad® Family Size Food Containers to keep them fresh and tasty. I hope you get to try these sandwiches for your next homegating party!
While you’re picking up your game day essentials at Dollar General, be sure to look out for their buy 3, save $3 offer so that you can stock up and avoid a last minute run to the store. Buy 3 participating items, Save $3 at Dollar General, valid 9/24/17-10/21/17.
- 3 tbsps fish sauce
- 3 tbsps lime juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1½ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 12-inch baguettes, split horizontally
- 2 tbsps mayonnaise
- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Add steak, seal bag, and marinate in the refrigerator (turning occasionally) for 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together water, vinegar, sugar and salt. Toss in carrots and radishes and let the mixture sit for at least 1 hour.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium. Grill steak to desired doneness, turning once, about 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Spread mayonnaise on toasted baguettes, then top with sliced steak, pickled vegetables, cucumber slices and cilantro.
Want more game day recipes? Check out these awesome tailgating dishes:
- BBQ Glazed Little Smokies
- Baked Buffalo Wings
- Thick and Chewy Fudge Brownies
- Easy 5-Ingredient Beef Chili