This 5-ingredient chili cooks up quickly in one pot for a hearty, satisfying weeknight meal!
Are you short on time but still want to make something hearty and satisfying for dinner? Well life is a lot easier when you learn some hacks – and how to quickly whip up a pot of warm, hearty chili is one of those hacks anyone can handle!
This recipe uses just five ingredients – yup, that’s right, just FIVE. Which means it’s great for any weeknight lunch or dinner, or something you can quickly make and use in nachos and chili fries. Chili is always a hit no matter what!
- Serves 6-8
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 14oz cans diced tomatoes with chiles
- 2 15oz cans beans, drained and rinsed (kidney, pinto, or black beans, or a mix)
- 2 tbsps chili powder
- 1 cup water (use slightly less if a thicker chili is preferred)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: avocado, tomato, shredded cheese, sour cream, cilantro
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, cook ground beef over medium high heat until browned, breaking up chunks and stirring frequently. Drain excess grease.
- Add onions and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, beans, chili powder, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer for 30 minutes until thickened.
- Serve warm with additional toppings if desired.