This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for reading and supporting this blog! #SpreadTheHeat #CollectiveBias
Grab a pile of napkins and snack on these sweet and sticky baked wings with just a touch of heat!
It’s not quite lunchtime for me yet, but I have to say – just looking at the picture of these wings is making me hungry! Would you have guessed that they are made with fruit spread?
These wings I am sharing have just the perfect amount of heat from jalapeno peppers (but not exactly five alarm hot) that is balanced nicely with the natural sweetness from strawberry and honey. Crispy on the outside, tender and moist on the inside, these glazed wings are finger lickin’ good and ready for devouring in under an hour.
First, I marinated the wings in a sweet and savory mixture of garlic, fruit spread, Worcestershire sauce, and lime juice. The longer you leave them in the marinade the more flavor they’ll have. If you don’t have time to prepare them the night before, you should still let them marinate for at least an hour.
- 2 lbs chicken wings, pat dry with paper towels
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine wings, garlic, fruit spread, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper in a ziplock bag. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Arrange wings in a single layer on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes until golden brown, flipping halfway through. Serve immediately.
I made the marinade with Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread which gave a nice balance of sweetness and heat, and also served as a sticky glaze to coat the chicken wings. Be sure to check out the other delicious varieties found at Walmart – Strawberry, Concord Grape, Triple Berry and Blueberry Lemon – to add the perfect touch of sweetness to your favorite snacks, meals and desserts!
What other ideas do you have to pair with these new and exciting flavors?
Earn $1.00 off Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Fruit Spread.