Thank you Village Harvest for sponsoring this post. Every day Village Harvest is planting seeds of change and growing possibilities, one bag of goodness at a time.
This delicious salad is loaded with superfood ingredients such as avocado, corn, beets, and baby spinach tossed in a creamy lemon tahini dressing – light yet hearty enough for lunch or dinner!
Lately, especially after returning home from recent summer travels, I crave healthy dishes loaded with vegetables and whole grains to help my body reset. l’m doing my best to get back into healthy summer eating and this Superfood Salad Bowl totally hits the spot!
I love salad and grain bowls, and this Superfood Salad Bowl with Lemon Tahini Dressing is a recent creation which combines healthy and flavorful ingredients in a light-yet-filling meal, that’s bursting with satisfying flavors and textures. I’m happy serving the salad as a light lunch or dinner, and sometimes I’ll top with grilled chicken or shrimp for a more substantial meal.
I’m all about mixing in as many superfood ingredients as possible into my bowls, so I worked my favorites into the salad.
Here’s what went into the salad:
- Baby spinach and arugula
- Beets — I used to eat beets only when they’re cooked, but now really enjoy the crunch and earthy flavors of raw beets
- Avocado — I LOVE avocados and can pretty much eat avocado toasts every day << check out my tutorial post on making the perfect Avocado Egg Toasts)
This creamy and delicious lemon tahini dressing is light and zippy, perfect in this salad – it works well as a dip for chopped veggies too! It’s made with just a few simple ingredients like apple cider vinegar, tahini, honey, and lemon. If you’ve never used tahini before, it is a thick paste of ground sesame seeds which can be found in the Middle Eastern food section of large supermarkets or near other nut butters.
I could eat this every single day. In fact, I prepped everything for these delicious salad bowls at the beginning of the week so that I could have healthy, satisfying meals all week long.
- 2 tsps fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 cups baby spinach and arugula mix
- 1 medium beet, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 ears fresh com, shucked
- 1 ripe haas avocado, sliced
- 2 cups cooked Village Harvest Antioxidant Blend (black rice, black lentils, black quinoa)
- Combine lemon juice, vinegar, water, tahini, olive oil, garlic, honey, and cumin in a blender and blend for 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper to taste and blend until smooth.
- Arrange salad ingredients in bowls. Drizzle with lemon tahini dressing and toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately.
I am excited to be partnering with Village Harvest and incorporating into this recipe their organic Benefit Antioxidant Blend, which offers a distinctive combination of healthful goodness. I love that it combines quinoa, lentils, and black rice for a protein packed addition to my salad bowls.
Village Harvest defines social sustainability to not only mean caring for our planet but also the workers that help to bring whole, healthy grains to your door.
- 1% of their profits has been pledged to run programs that give back to the farmers and local communities from which they source their products.
- Village Harvest has also pledged to donate 1% of their employees’ time to charitable causes and sustainability efforts.
Can’t find Village Harvest Organic Benefit Blends at your local store? You can use this product request form to make a request. There’s also a new Village Harvest online shop that you can visit, where you can purchase the three Benefit Blends varieties: Organic Antioxidant Blend, Organic Ancient Grain Blend and Organic Protein Blend. I hope you get to try them in this recipe soon!
What are your favorite ways to incorporate superfoods into your meals?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.