The filling for these deviled eggs is lightened up with Greek Yogurt and kicked up a notch with smoky, spicy chipotle chiles.
One of my favorite barbecue joints, Hill Country BBQ, serves up an amazing selection of side dishes. I have tried recreating their popular cowboy beans, which turned out to be a success. The next challenge is to recreate the chipotle deviled eggs I enjoyed! Since I’m not the biggest fan of anything drowning in mayonnaise, I substituted it with a healthier alternative: Greek yogurt. I swapped out traditional mayo with 0% Fage to give it a creamy consistency and help cut back on the fat at the same time, making these new-and-improved deviled eggs a healthy, protein-packed snack.
This is the best of both worlds – deviled eggs with a creamy filling, seasoned with spicy and smoky chipotle chiles to make them extra delicious. They’re fancy enough for just about any party.
Here’s a make-ahead tips: place yolk filling in a ziplock freezer bag, and the egg whites in another container. When you’re ready to serve, simply snip a corner off of the bag and pipe into the whites.
- 12 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsps Dijon mustard
- 2 tsps chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
- Remove yolks from the sliced hardboiled eggs and set aside in a mixing bowl. Reserve egg whites. Add Greek yogurt, mustard, vinegar, and chipotle chiles to the bowl and mash everything together with a fork until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange egg whites on a platter. Pipe or spoon filling into egg whites and garnish with smoked paprika. Serve chilled or at room temperature.