This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TailgateWithATwist #SeasonalSolutions #CollectiveBias
Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Cups is a great vegetarian appetizer for entertaining a crowd or tailgating, or to enjoy any time!
Tailgating season is here, are you ready for it? I’ll be totally honest…while I enjoy watching football, the reason I really love football season is for the game day foods! What can I say? I love putting together a tailgating spread at home with both tried-and-true and new dishes for when we have friends over to watch the game.
I have been incorporating tasty vegetarian dishes for friends who are prefer a vegetarian diet or want to have healthier options, because everyone should be able to enjoy tailgating during football season! Bite size finger foods have always been a party staple of mine, since they are so convenient for everyone to snack on while cheering on the game.
These Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Cups are made with tortilla cups baked in muffin tins until crispy, then filled with zesty homemade coleslaw and topped with MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Wings and creamy blue cheese dressing. This winning dish is sure to please even the pickiest eaters!
Rebate valid on MorningStar Farms® Frozen Veggie. Buy 3 for any variety, any size.
Let’s get started, shall we?
To start, place small tortillas (I used 4.5 inch corn tortillas) in a microwave safe plate and cover with moistened paper towel. Warm slightly in the microwave until the tortillas are soft enough to handle.
Spray both sides of tortilla with cooking spray and press each into a muffin cup. Bake until they are crisp and golden brown, about 8 to 12 minute. Make sure you keep an eye on it and remove them from the oven as soon as they start to brown. They’ll hold their shapes once they’re completely cooled.
Next, fill the tortilla cups with homemade coleslaw and top with MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Wings which have been baked until crispy. Drizzle some lightened up blue cheese dressing on top and that’s all there is to it!
MorningStar Farms products provide great plant-based protein options, but they’re not only for vegetarians – vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike all seem to enjoy the taste and how convenient they are for everyday meal solutions. I try to incorporate more veggies in my meals, so MorningStar Farms products are right up my alley to help me on my healthier lifestyle journey.
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 4.5-inch flour or com tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage and carrot mix
- 10.5 oz pack MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Wings
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, cider vinegar, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add cabbage and carrot mix and stir until well combined. Chill until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place tortillas in a microwave safe plate and cover with moistened paper towel. Microwave on low for about 20 seconds until the tortillas are softened.
- Spray both sides of tortilla with cooking spray and press each into a muffin cup. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, until crisp and golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing.
- Meanwhile, prepare MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Wings according to package instructions. Cut into bite size pieces and mix with buffalo wing sauce.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of coleslaw into each tortilla cup and top with buffalo wing pieces and blue cheese dressing. Serve immediately.
Any reason to cook up some burgers on the grill is okay with me, especially when it involves MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers, America’s #1 Veggie Burger. I made sure to stock up on these so that I could cook them directly on the grill with the rest of our vegetarian game time eats. You’ve to grill it to believe it!
Be sure to head to Walmart and look for the delicious MorningStar Farms products in the freezer section. Stay in touch with MorningStar Farms on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest and visit this social hub for more great recipe inspiration.