This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for reading and supporting this blog! #12DaysofPancakes #CollectiveBias
Fresh lemon and ricotta cheese come together in these light, fluffy pancakes perfect for everyday family breakfast or brunch!
When the weekend rolls around, I love nothing more than a warm, delicious, comforting breakfast. I decided to give the classic pancakes a creative twist, and all I have to say is – why have I not made this sooner?!
If you love a big stack of pancakes for breakfast, then you’ll love these bright, delicious Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. This is a simple, easy pancake recipe made extra rich with ricotta cheese and flavored with lemon zest and juice to add just the right amount of freshness. They are perfect for anytime of the year and they sure do brighten up a morning.
There is just something special about having pancakes that begs for savoring at breakfast or brunch (or even breakfast for dinner!) around a big table with the entire family. Sharing a meal is a great way to connect with the people who mean the most – it’s just priceless these days.
Making these delicious pancakes is quite easy using pancake mix as a base with a few more simple ingredients. The batter comes together quickly and the flavor and consistency of the pancakes is perfect. This recipe is just what you’d need for everyday breakfast as well as for weekend brunch to celebrate special occasions – pair it with some crispy bacon or sausage links and you’re all set!
You can find Aunt Jemima Original Pancake Mix and Syrup in the breakfast aisle at your local Walmart.
I topped mine with warm syrup and a pat of butter to make it even better – it’s the ultimate breakfast or brunch dish. I hope you get to enjoy these pancakes soon!
- 2 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest (from about 2-3 lemons)
- 2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 cups Aunt Jemima Original pancake mix
- Cooking spray, for cooking
- Aunt Jemima pancake syrup and butter, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks, ricotta cheese, lemon zest and juice, melted butter, milk, and vanilla until combined. Add pancake mix and stir until just incorporated.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites with a whisk until soft peaks form. Using a spatula, gently fold egg whites into the batter until just combined. Do not overmix; batter will be lumpy.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Working in batches, ladle ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on top and the pancakes are golden underneath, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook for about 2 minute more.
- Serve immediately with warmed syrup and butter.