Warm French toast rolls stuffed with creamy strawberry cheesecake filling then tossed in cinnamon sugar make fun breakfast treats.
If you love classic French toast, then you’ve got to try these Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Rolls! They are stuffed with a creamy, decadent strawberry cheesecake filling, cooked until golden brown, then rolled in a cinnamon sugar mixture for sweetness and extra crunch — they’re a fun and delicious breakfast treat!
To make the roll-ups, you start by trimming the crust off sandwich bread then flattening it out with a rolling pin. With a spoonful of strawberry cheesecake filling inside, you roll it up then dip in an egg-milk mixture just like you would with regular French toast.
Tossing them in cinnamon sugar makes it extra special — I hope you get to try them soon!
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsps sugar, divided
- 10 slices sandwich bread
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Unsalted butter, for cooking
- Maple syrup, for serving
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, strawberries, and 2 tablespoons of sugar until well combined.
- Trim the crust off each slice of bread and flatten it out with a rolling pin. Spread a spoonful of cream cheese mixture in the middle of the bread slices and roll up tightly.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and milk. In another bowl, whisk together cinnamon and the remaining ¼ cup of sugar. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Dip the rolls in the egg mixture until well coated, then place them in the griddle seam side down. Cook until golden brown on all sides, turning them as needed.
- Add the cooked French toast rolls to the cinnamon sugar mixture and roll until completely covered in sugar, shaking off any excess.
- Serve with maple syrup if desired.