This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SaveWithHopster #CollectiveBias
Save big this holiday season by stocking up on these essential grocery store items!
Can you believe it’s November already? The holidays are right around the corner too! I’m getting excited for the festive holiday decorations and gift shopping, but my favorite part is definitely holiday baking and cooking.
In the weeks leading up to the holidays, you’ll probably notice that a lot of grocery stores will have holiday grocery items on sale at the lowest price of the year. It’s always a good idea to take advantage of the deals and stock up on ingredients that can be used all year and not just during the holiday season.
Saving with Hopster
Here’s the good news: instead of shopping around for holiday deals, you can easily lower the prices even more with Hopster Mobile Rebates. Hopster is your savvy-shopper friend – it helps you save on your favorite groceries, beauty essentials, appliances, pet supplies and new products you’ll want to try. It also provides tips for more efficient shopping, cooking, entertaining, cleaning and spending.
Saving with Hopster is so simple! First, you’ll need to download the app. Next, choose your rebates from a large selection of brands. You can shop at your favorite store, and there are some rebates that are good everywhere too.
Once you’ve purchased the items, just snap a photo of your receipt. Rebates will be redeemed and the cash is credited to your Paypal account. And you don’t even have to wait until you have a certain amount of rebates or redeemed offers!
Below is a list of my favorite items to stock up on during holiday grocery sales. Take a look and start making a list of items you need for your pantry and freezer!
2. Onions: I like to buy them in bulk when they go on sale. Once I bring them home, I would dice and store them in one cup portions. They’re so convenient to keep on hand for making soups, stews, stuffing, and slow-cooker meals.
3. Roasted nuts: I like to buy the unsalted kind since they’re more versatile, especially when making pies, topping salads, and for making candied cocktail nuts. Store them in an airtight container in the freezer and they’ll last for a long time.
4. Fresh whole cranberries: did you know they can be frozen whole? In fact, I just freeze the entire bag of cranberries and make cranberry sauce, cranberry french toast bake, and cranberry macarons all winter long.
5. Butter (unsalted): butter keeps for a long time, especially if you freeze it. You’ll need them for all the cookies, pies, and sauces and gravies you’re cooking up for your holiday meals.
6. Evaporated and condensed milk: these have good shelf life and are great to have on hand for making candy, custard, and pies.
7. Puff pastry: keep some in your freezer to pull out for quick and easy appetizers, tarts, and desserts.
8. Chicken and vegetable stocks: these are usually on sale around the holidays. They’re a great pantry staple all year long, so I’ll stock up as much as I have room for making soups and stews.
9. Ground turkey: this is such a versatile ingredient. I always have ground turkey in my freezer, so I can make a big batch of turkey chili or meatballs at any time.
10 Baking basics: flour, sugar, powdered sugar, and brown sugar. Chocolate chips too! I like to buy them when they go on sale and stash them in the freezer for use all year long.
Be sure to download the Hopster Mobile Rebates app and start saving now!
So friends, leave your comments below on what you like to stock up on during holiday grocery sales! Anything you would add to this list?