This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HowDoYouWasa #CollectiveBias
These crostini make tasty appetizers for holiday parties as well as for casual get together with friends.
Most of the time during holiday season, I spend all my effort planning the menu and then find myself at the very last minute needing an easy appetizer recipe. People love sweet and savory snacks, so these crostini topped with fresh fig and balsamic compote, crunchy toasted walnuts, and whipped goat cheese are definitely my go-to crowd pleasing appetizers!
These crostini are simple and beautiful to have on the holiday table, or just as a snack while hanging out with friends during the holidays. Plus, there isn’t a whole lot of work involved in throwing this delicious sweet and savory treat together.
I start by making a fruit compote with fresh figs and balsamic vinegar, which really make the flavor of these appetizers pop. You can even substitute with cranberry sauce if that’s what you have on hand — the sweet and tangy flavor works pretty well here. Next up is the whipped goat cheese spread, which sounds fancy but is actually super easy to make by whipping goat cheese and heavy cream until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- 8 oz fresh figs, diced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsps honey, or to taste
- 8 oz goat cheese
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 Wasa Multi Grain crispbread
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Alfalfa sprouts, for garnish (optional)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine figs, balsamic vinegar, and honey and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 15 minutes of until figs are tender and mixture has reduced to a syrupy consistency.
- Meanwhile, combine goat cheese and heavy cream in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth and fluffy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread whipped goat cheese on crispbread, topped with about a teaspoon of balsamic fig compote then garnish with walnuts and sprouts.
I love getting creative with different toppings and flavor combination on Wasa Multi Grain which is the perfect canvas for this recipe. They are all natural, high fiber, and made with four blended wholesome grains (rye, wheat, oats, and barley) that add lots of crunch in each thick slice. I also enjoy these Rosemary & Sea Salt Wasa Thins for every day nutritious snacking — it’s delicious, nutritious, and perfect with hummus or guacamole.
You can find these Wasa products at your local Shop Rite. Check out this link for more delicious topping ideas!