These Cinnamon French Toast Sticks are perfect for dunking into warm maple syrup, and they’re freezer-friendly too!
I hope you’ve had a wonderful holiday weekend with more fun New Year celebrations coming your way! I still can’t believe another year is right around the corner. First, let’s talk about breakfast!
With the holidays coming to a close you can now find good use for all that eggs and milk leftover from holiday baking by making French toast. These French Toast Sticks are a great way to use up leftover bread – they’re actually best using stale bread in order to ensure that it soaks up the custard.
Plus, who wouldn’t love dunking these French toast sticks into warm maple syrup!? Cook and freeze them and you’ll be able to enjoy these any day of the week.
- 8 slices Texas toast (or other thick cut bread)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Unsalted butter or cooking spray, for cooking
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Cut each slice of bread into thirds, removing crust if desired. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar, and salt.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray or butter. Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture, shake off excess, and place in the skillet. Cook until golden brown on both sides and slightly crispy around the edges.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.