Delicious and easy churro bites made with angel food cake and served with an irresistible Nutella chocolate dipping sauce!
Few years ago when my sister and I were in Madrid for vacation, we went to a bakery called Chocolateria San Gines to try their famous churros and hot chocolate. Their hot chocolate is more like a thick, rich chocolate dip! Which gives me the inspiration to make a chocolate dip with Nutella!
What is better than having this treat for dessert or after breakfast? Turning them into bites just make it easier to pop into your mouth. Roll them into a cinnamon sugar mixture, then dip and devour!
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup milk, or more if needed
- ½ cup Nutella
- 1 angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- ¼ cup cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- To make the Nutella chocolate sauce, combine chocolate and milk in a saucepan on low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in Nutella. Set aside.
- To make the churro bites, heat vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet on medium-low heat and toast cake cubes on all sides until browned, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together cinnamon and sugar. Toss cake cubes in cinnamon sugar until well coated.