This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for reading and supporting this blog! #ReinventSweet #CollectiveBias
Peanut butter ice cream and Butterfinger candy bars in chocolate cookie crumb crust makes the perfect Halloween dessert. This ice cream pie will become a quick family favorite!
I mentioned last week that I love creating new dessert recipes for Fall holidays, especially for Halloween. I bet you guessed that I wouldn’t just stop at Chocolate Whoopie Pies.
Fall is all about pies, so today I’ve got an ice cream pie that is perfect for Halloween festivities. And it is in a classic chocolate and peanut butter combination that the whole family would just love! Peanut Butterfinger Ice Cream Pie is a luscious dessert with creamy peanut butter ice cream and Butterfinger pieces to add even more peanut butter flavor and crunch, all encased in a chocolate cookie crumb pie crust!
These fun size Butterfingers are perfect for adding into the ice cream pie. Make sure you arrange them in a circular pattern before spreading the ice cream on top.
This way, when you cut into the pie, each slice will be like this…
Don’t you just want to take a bite of that? :)
- 1½ cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 4 tbsps unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup whipped topping
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter, melted
- 10-12 Butterfinger Fun-Size
- Chocolate fudge sauce, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, combine chocolate cookie crumbs and butter. Press mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the crust is firm. Let cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ice cream, whipped topping, and peanut butter. Pour half of the mixture into prepared crust.
- Arrange Butterfinger Fun Size in a circular pattern and cover with remaining half of the ice cream mixture.
- Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm. Before serving, allow to thaw for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into slices. Serve with chocolate fudge sauce if desired.
Head over to Walmart to pick up some Butterfinger Fun-Size, Butterfinger Cups Fun-Size, and Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cup Minis (don’t miss this Ibotta offer) for your candy dish on Halloween night and to make this ice cream pie!
Are you ready for Halloween? Be sure to add this fun frozen treat to your list and check out the Butterfinger Pinterest page for more great recipes.