Whether you want an easy weeknight meal at home or are looking for a great recipe for the grill, these Cajun Sausage and Shrimp Boil Foil Packets have got you covered!
Do you make grill foil packets? Surprisingly, many people know don’t know how to make them. We love to make garlic butter mushrooms in foil packets whenever we’re grilling, but it wasn’t until about two years ago when we went over to our friend’s house for dinner, that I discovered foil packets aren’t just for side dishes only — you can have a complete meal in a foil packet!
I’I so excited to share with you this quick and easy recipe for Cajun Sausage and Shrimp Boil Foil Packets.
For one, it is packed so full of flavors. But more importantly, it is extremely easy to prepare and cook, which is always my favorite type of recipe when it comes to meal planning. There really isn’t much to them.
You put all of the food in, fold it up and put it over a grill or even over a campfire. If you don’t have a grill you can place the packets on a cookie sheet and bake them in a 400F oven for the same amount of time as you would on the grill.
I just love good foil packet meal. Not to mention, clean up is a breeze too! You can just crumple up the foil and throw it away. The last thing we want to be doing this time of the year is spending hours in the kitchen or doing dishes.
Another great thing about these foil packets is that each person can make and customize their own. Got picky eaters in the family? They can swap out ingredients they don’t like.
For the sausage in this recipe, my personal favorite these days is JENNIE-O’s Fully Cooked Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage (their Hardwood Smoked Turkey Kielbasa is also a good choice). It has a great taste and texture, with 65% less fat than smoked beef sausage. Plus it comes fully cooked, so there’s less prep work involved. It’s a win-win situation!
If you’ve tried this recipe, leave me a comment to let me know what you think!
- 4 ears fresh com on the cobs, cut into thirds
- 1 lb red or yellow baby potatoes, halved
- 1½ lbs uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 14 oz JENNIE-O Fully Cooked Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 heavy duty foil sheets, approximately 12x18 inches each
- Lemon wedges and chopped parsley (optional)
- Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with 2 inches of water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a medium and simmer until potatoes are slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Add corn and boil for an additional 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill or oven to 400F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, olive oil, and Cajun seasoning. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add corn, potatoes, shrimp, and sausage, and mix until well coated. Distribute mixture between the foil sheets and tightly seal foil packets by folding up the sides over the contents.
- Place the packets on the grill or in the grill over a cookie sheet and cook until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges if desired.
This post is sponsored by Jennie O as part of the Switch Circle program. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you so much for reading and supporting this blog!