Turkey Avocado Caprese Salad is fresh, flavorful and perfect for spring and summer potluck or picnic.
The sun is out, flowers are blooming, and summer is here before you know it! There is something so wonderful and refreshing about eating outside – after all, we’ve been waiting for months. Whether you pack everything up and go to the beach or you just sit on the deck in the backyard, simple picnics are one of the best parts of spring and summer.
Today I’m sharing a favorite dish which you should definitely make for your next picnic: Turkey Avocado Caprese Salad!
Fresh torn basil leaves, juicy heirloom tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, and big chunks of turkey breast tossed with a rich, sweet balsamic vinaigrette. Avocado isn’t typical in a caprese salad, but I love the buttery creaminess it adds to the salad.
With all the bright colors, this is one of those dishes that tastes just as good as it looks. It’s great for warm weather meals when you don’t want to heat up the house by turning on the oven or you just want something cool and refreshing. We serve this as a main dish as it’s pretty substantial on its own, but it also makes a great potluck side dish.
To minimize prep time and add some protein to my salad, I used Jennie-O Premium Portions Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, which is my go-to for quick and easy dishes. Jennie-O Premium Portions are preseasoned, contains no allergens, and are so versatile for creating healthy meals for your family, from sandwiches to salads to wraps.
They also come in Hickory Smoked Sun Dried Tomato and Hickory Smoked Cajun Style Turkey Breast flavor – be sure to look for them in the deli section of your grocery store!
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb Jennie-O Premium Portions Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, diced
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, diced
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- ¼ cup basil leaves, torn or thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, seeded and diced
- 5 cups Romaine lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, Dijon mustard, honey, and balsamic vinegar. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and continue to whisk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large serving platter, arrange turkey breast, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and avocado over lettuce.
- Serve with balsamic vinaigrette.
Stay connected with Jennie-O on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for more tasty and nutritious meals using a variety of deli meats.
This post is sponsored by Jennie O as part of the Switch Circle program. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you so much for reading and supporting this blog!