This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #31DaysWithRotel #CollectiveBias
This easy, delicious rice skillet filled with burrito ingredients is sure to be a hit at your next fiesta or weeknight dinner.
Some of my best recipes are unplanned and this is one of them. I started with the intention of making beef burritos, but prepping all of the different components was just too time consuming and messy. There’s the cilantro lime rice…then the black beans…then seasoned beef… and pico de gallo, not to mention assembling all of those ingredients neatly in a flour tortilla. I thought, why not cook all of those ingredients in one skillet?
All of the sudden my beef burrito recipe was taken to another level. You won’t miss any of that hassle with this Beef Burrito Rice Skillet since it’s made in only one skillet and ready in under 30 minutes. It makes the perfect weeknight meal or part of your next fiesta!
- One-Skillet Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
- 20-Minute Skillet Lasagna
- I Tried Meal Planning and Here’s What I Learned
For this recipe, I picked up some RO*TEL from Walmart. RO*TEL is here to banish the bland and help make a bold break from everyday routine. It’s versatile enough to be used in different recipes – I add it to queso dips, chills, and soups, and used it in this recipe to give it some extra favor.
Finally, top the burrito skillet with your favorite burrito ingredients. For me, shredded cheese, diced avocado, and fresh cilantro are must. No matter how you top it, I know you’re going to love the flavors of this dish!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 14.5oz can RO*TEL, drained
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Topping options: sour cream, chopped cilantro, avocado. sliced jalapenos
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until softened, then add chili powder, cumin, rice, beef broth, RO*TEL, and black beans.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and allow cheese to melt. Top with desired toppings and serve immediately.
The month of May is full of party potential. In fact, the fiesta will be going on for 31 days, which means no matter what day of the week it is, RO*TEL will help you put a spicy spin on your favorite dish and kick every breakfast, lunch, dinner and, of course, snack! Be sure to visit this page to find more fiesta inspiration.