This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #RecipesThatCrock #SeasonalSolutions #CollectiveBias
Love slow cooker recipes? Try this delicious Honey Teriyaki Chicken Noodles perfect for weeknight dinner with little effort!
I really enjoy cooking, as I’m sure you can tell from this blog… except when I don’t. Makes sense, right? After a busy, exhausting day, I just wish dinner would be ready and serve itself to me. This recipe serves just that purpose.
Now that the weather is much cooler, slow cooker meals are back! In fact, this time of the year I just love warming up the house with slow simmered comfort foods, which means the crockpot basically makes an appearance in my kitchen at least once a week. Sometime around 2pm today, I spent about five minutes putting the ingredients into my slow cooker, set it, forget it, and then voila! Dinner is magically ready at 6pm!
Want to make this same magic happen in your own kitchen? Then you’ll love this effortless dinner recipe for Slow Cooker Honey Teriyaki Chicken Noodles.
To start, I whisked together La Choy Teriyaki Sauce Marinade, chicken broth, garlic, ginger, and honey, all of which impart amazing flavors into the chicken as it simmers away in the slow cooker. With La Choy, it’s never been easier to prepare quick and delicious dishes for your family.
Before pouring the cooking liquid into the slow cooker along with the chicken breasts, I made sure to give the slow cooker insert a good spray with PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. I just love to use it for non-stick cooking and what’s even better is that there’s no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives.
Now that the prep work is done, just set it and let the flavors come together. While all of this is cooking, your house will smell amazing – I could barely wait for the slow cooker to finish its work.
Once the teriyaki chicken is all tender, I shred it with two forks and then add it back in along with some fresh veggies and cornstarch water mixture to help thicken the sauce. When thickening the sauce, I always start with half of what the recipe calls for because sometimes most of the liquid has evaporated and I end up not needing to thicken the sauce too much. You can always add more at the end if needed.
This dish wonderful just as is with a side of steamed rice, but my favorite way to eat this is to toss in your favorite noodles. And I do mean any kind of noodles you prefer. Sometimes I’ll use fresh egg noodles or rice noodles if I can find them at the store, if not, dry pasta works great (I used fettucine here).
- PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- ¾ cup La Choy Teriyaki Sauce Marinade
- ¾ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 medium carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 12 oz egg or pasta noodles, cooked to al dente
- Toasted sesame seeds, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together teriyaki sauce, broth, garlic, ginger, honey.
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker insert coated with cooking spray. Pour the teriyaki mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours, until chicken is tender.
- Remove and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken along with red bell pepper, snow peas, and carrots, cooking for an additional 20 minutes until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water in a small bowl and pour into the slow cooker, allowing to simmer until the sauce is thickened. Toss in cooked noodles and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
If you’re heading to your local Meijer to pick up the ingredients for this recipe, you can find a variety of La Choy sauces in the asian foods section, and PAM cooking spray in the baking ingredients aisle. Love crockpot recipes? Check out this page for more inspiration!