This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for reading and supporting this blog! #EverydayEffortless #CollectiveBias
Quick, delicious chicken and pasta with a creamy garlic alfredo sauce all made in a single pot – it’s perfect for weeknight family meal!
As our schedule gets more and more packed and weekdays become so hectic, it’s time to think about quick and easy weeknight meals. Some nights are just meant for effortless meals, and one that is flavorful, scrumptious, and super easy to make is right up my alley!
I love this dish because of its delicious simplicity. Pasta cooked until al dente is coated with a luscious, creamy garlic alfredo sauce then tossed with grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts – it’s satisfaction in every bite!
Want to know the best part of this recipe? It’s all cooked in one pot and comes together in under 15 minutes! Dry pasta is simmered with a chicken broth and milk mixture, which actually soaks up the amazing flavor as it cooks, thickening up into a light creamy sauce.
How is that for a weeknight meal?
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth, or more as needed
- 1 cup milk, or more as needed
- 12 oz penne or any bite-sized shape pasta, uncooked
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 oz Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsps fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth, milk, and penne. Bring to a boil and cook on high, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and cooked chicken to the skillet and continue to cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce is too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
For this quick and easy, yet healthy and nutritious meal solution, I used Barilla Pronto pasta which can be cooked in less than 10 minutes and in a single pot without additional boiling and draining! While the pasta is cooking, I reheated some Tyson Grilled and Ready Strips which are fully cooked, 98% fat free and have no preservatives. I love keeping them on hand so that I can quickly reheat the chicken in the oven or microwave and add some protein to my salads, pasta dishes, stir-fries, and even sandwiches.
These products can be found at your local Walmart in the dried pasta and freezer sections.
Be sure to check out more delicious #EverydayEffortless recipes here. I’d love to hear your favorite!