Avocado Egg Toasts are so simple and delicious, especially with soft-boiled eggs on top.
There’s one combination that comes to mind first when it comes to quick sandwiches – Avocado Egg Toasts! The taste is delicious and the combination of carbs, protein, and healthy fats makes it a great breakfast, lunch or an afternoon snack.
Have you jumped on the bandwagon yet? These days I see it on breakfast menus in restaurants all the time but I refuse to order it because it’s so easy to make! You can put any style of egg on your toasts, but soft-boiled egg (with a dash of hot sauce or red pepper flakes) is my preference. The trick: steam those eggs instead!
- 4 large eggs,
- 4 slices toasted bread of your choice (I used multigrain)
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pot fitted with a steamer insert, heat about one inch of water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Put eggs into the steamer basket, cover with a lid, and cook for 6 minutes. Remove and place eggs in a bowl of ice cold water. Let eggs cool slightly before peeling.
- Meanwhile, arrange avocado slices on toasted bread slices. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the toasts topped with soft boiled eggs on top.