Summer is the best time to buckle up and hit the road! Whether it’s a cross-country journey or just a day trip to the nearby town or beach, the perfect road trip requires planning and preparation. Today I’m sharing a list of my favorite items to bring on a road trip!
Here they are:
1. Phone: While it is nice to unplug once in a while, I can’t go on a trip without my phone. It’s also my camera (love playing with the different filters on Instagram), music playlist, source of reading materials (currently reading Malcolm Gladwell’s David and Goliath), and most importantly, GPS/map. It was only recently that I really started to take advantage of the multiple functions of my Google Map app. I like to “save” the points of interest (which become yellow stars on the map) on the desktop version so that I can have it ready at my fingertips when I’m at the destination.
2. Camera: I always make sure the battery is fully charged and the memory card is cleared before I leave for a trip, so that I can capture the beautiful sceneries and fun memories along the way. I’ve been shooting with a Canon Rebel for several years now, but as much as I love the quality of the photos from a DSLR, nothing can replace the convenience of camera phones, well…until they add a bluetooth function on DSLRs (camera manufacturers, are you taking notes?)
3. Sunglasses: Let’s hope that the journey or the destination involves somewhere sunny…
4. Umbrella: Just in case if it’s quite the opposite. An umbrella like this one might brighten your day.
5. Water: I usually avoid caffeine (and bathroom breaks!) and try to stay hydrated with water. This sparkling lemonade is my go-to thirst quencher. You can also make your own infused water. Adding a few slices of cucumber and melon would be nice, perhaps?
7. Travel companions: The most essential part of the trip is the people you’re travelling with. So grab your family, friends, or significant other, buckle up, and make some memories this summer!