This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RedHotSummer #IPTSOE #CollectiveBias
Frank’s RedHot Buffalo is perfect for summer. Check out their Buffalo Chicken Sandwich recipe and visit their site for inspiration.
A fun twist on a classic, Buffalo Chicken Lollipops is a delicious appetizer with a spicy kick – perfect for summer outdoor entertaining!
Summer, summer, summertime. Well, almost! Regardless, I’m ready to get us started on cookout with friends and family, going to the beach, road trips, and general summer goodness. And if you’re looking for a recipe for summer entertaining, these Buffalo Chicken Lollipops will fit the bill and more.
Wings are pretty much a cookout staple in my family, and these chicken lollipops are a fun twist on the classic. It’s perfect for all sorts of summertime occasions whether you’re having a BBQ, picnic, or a lazy day hanging out by the pool — imagine snacking on these (serve them as is or with my Lightened Up Blue Cheese Dressing) and lounging with a cool beverage in hand? Just perfection!
To make these chicken lollipops, start by taking chicken drumettes and cutting around the skin and meat around the bone on one end.
Push the meat down to the other end with the back of a paring knife, and season with salt and pepper. You can bake these if you like, but if you’re having a BBQ, you can throw these on the grill over moderate heat until golden brown.
Meanwhile, make the sauce by melting the butter with hot sauce. When the lollipops are done, toss in the sauce. Serve immediately and enjoy!
These lollipops are loaded with that classic buffalo wing flavor thanks to a special ingredient – Frank’s RedHot Sauce. Frank’s RedHot Original is the most versatile sauce that can be used for a wide variety of dish types, enhancing the flavor of food and not overpowering it. It’s the perfect combination of flavor and heat. Their tagline “I Put That $#!+ on Everything!” is so true because I really put it on my pizza, tacos, ribs, and lately, even my breakfast avocado egg toasts!
- 3 lbs chicken drummettes, trimmed (see notes below)
- 1 tsp salt
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- 4 tbsps unsalted butter
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup Franks RedHot original Cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Carrots, celery, and ranch or blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a wire rack over the baking sheet.
- Season chicken lollipops with salt and pepper. Arrange in one layer on the wire rack and bake till golden brown, 35 to 45 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and whisk in garlic powder, hot sauce, and honey. Season with salt and pepper to taste Once the chicken lollipops are cooked pour the sauce over the wings and toss to coat. Serve immediately with carrots, celery, and ranch dressing
- To trim the chicken drumettes, cut the skin and meat around the bone on one end, push the meat down to the other end until it forms a lollipop shape.
How will you be using Frank’s RedHot sauces in your recipes this summer?