This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Prep4Gathering #CollectiveBias
Invite your friends and family over for a slice of this Upside Down Apple Bundt Cake filled with the aroma of warm spices!
Whenever we have friends over, I like to bake up something that reminds them of home, be it fresh cookies, cakes, or a loaf of bread. The temperature is cooling down and the leaves are starting to change, so I’m in full on fall mood. It’s truly a beautiful season filled with amazing scents, flavors, and just a general cozy feeling, and I couldn’t think of a better way to welcome friends and family over this Thanksgiving season than by sharing with them a slice of this Upside Down Apple Bundt Cake.
Apple cake is always a classic, crowd pleasing favorite. The warm spices in this cake smelled amazing when I pulled it out of the oven, so I hope you get to make and share this with those who gather at your home this holiday season. In fact, Thanksgiving will be here before you know it!
Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday since I was a kid. It was a fun event at our house because that’s the time of the year we have friends and everyone in our big family all in one place. My mom is definitely the hostess with the mostest when it comes to preparing the food and making sure the house is in perfect company-ready conditions, and now that my sisters and I are all grown up, we try to emulate that when we host our own holiday parties. :)
Of course there’s quite a bit of prep work involved especially when you’re the host. Like me you’re probably trying to freshen up your home before the guests gather for the holidays, and this is where a little help from S.C. Johnson products goes a long way.
Seasonal scents make me feel good because they trigger warm and fuzzy feelings associated with the holiday season. I love the Glade® Apple Cinnamon Candle because the scent of apples, cinnamon and nutmeg will instantly remind you and your guests of the scents of apple pies and cakes fresh out of the oven! I also like keeping Glade® Automatic Room Sprays around which are a great flameless option to fill your house with that amazing fall aroma.
Head over to Home Depot to pick up the essential Glade® products and get your home ready for Thanksgiving!
How do you prepare your home for Thanksgathering?
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour mixture evenly into the bottom of the cake pan and arrange apple slices on top.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until smooth. Add vanilla, then eggs one at a time, beating well between additions.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk, mixing at low speed until all of it has been incorporated. Pour batter into the cake pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes in the pan before inverting onto a large serving plate.