Wholesome breakfast cookies made with banana, creamy peanut butter, crunchy peanuts, and oats.
If you’re ever in need of an excuse to have a freshly baked cookie for breakfast, you’re in luck. These Chunky Monkey Breakfast Cookies are nutrient-packed and give your morning a boost thanks to wholesome ingredients like oats to add fiber and peanuts for protein and healthy fat. They are also sweetened with honey and ripened banana and has less refined sugar than typical cookies.
Pair these cookies with a glass of milk for a well-balanced start to your day!
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup low fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mashed banana, peanut butter, honey, milk, and vanilla. Fold in peanuts, oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate chips, and mix until well blended.
- Drop the cookie dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing about two inches apart. Gently flatten the cookies into discs.
- Bake until the cookies begin to brown around the edges, about 10 to 15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely before serving and storing in an airtight container.