This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for supporting this blog! #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias
These no-bake Honey Trail Mix Cereal Bars are perfect for breakfasts on the go or between-meals snacks.
While cereal is often eaten for breakfast, it’s also a great solution for snacks and meals throughout the day. These honey based cereal bars are so simple to make and even more delicious to eat!
They’re great tucked into kids’ lunch boxes and are equally popular with adults — I particularly like them as an afternoon snack with a cup of tea or as a pre-workout snack. Best of all, each recipe makes several bars so you can make a week’s worth of cereal bars and then wrap them up individually. That way, you’ll have these bars ready for any time of the day!
To make these no-bake bars, I combine honey, brown sugar, and butter in a small saucepan and heat until the mixture is thick and bubbly.Then I pour it into a mixing bowl with Honey Bunches of Oats cereal and trail mix and stir until evenly coated. I made my own trail mix with toasted almonds, pumpkin seeds, raisins, and dried pineapple, but this recipe is versatile and tastes amazing with whatever blend you come up with.
The mixture is transferred to a square baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Make sure you pack the mixture in tightly and evenly with a spatula. Then let it cool completely and cut into bars or squares.
These bars are perfect for breakfast on the go, afterschool snacks, family outings, or road trips. Once you try them, you’ll want to have them on hand all the time!
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cups Honey Bunches of Oats Honey Roasted
- 1½ cups trail mix
- Coat a 8-inch square pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine honey, brown sugar, and butter. Heat mixture until just boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Pour honey mixture over Honey Bunches of Oats Honey Roasted cereal and trail mix in a large mixing bowl and stir until evenly coated.
- Using a spatula, press mixture evenly and firmly in prepared pan. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm enough to cut. Cut into bars or squares and store covered at room temperature for up to one week.
These snack bars feature Honey Bunches of Oats in Honey Roasted flavor which we love and always stock up on. You can also substitute with Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds or the new Honey Bunches of Oats Gluten Free Chocolate which can be found at Walmart. You’ll also love the two new Post cereal products available in-store: Crunch O’s and Kung Fu Panda Po Power Crunch cereals!