Decadent dark chocolate bark loaded with tropical fruits, almonds, and goji berries.
If you’re snowed in or experiencing a polar vortex where you may be, then your days are probably filled with lots of free time for movies, afternoon naps, and cooking. It’s probably a good time to raid your pantry too, because if you can find some dried tropical fruits and nuts, then you can make this sweet Tropical Dark Chocolate Bark and imagine you are in some tropical paradise with white sand beach and cool ocean breeze.
Decadent dark chocolate paired with chunks of dried pineapple, crunchy sweet coconut chips, toasted almonds, and goji berries. The best part is that it’s so easy to make – five ingredients and 30 minutes is all it takes to make these sweet treats inspired by the flavors of the tropics. It’s almost like a quick tropical getaway for your taste buds.
For this recipe I used dried tropical fruits from Sunsweet which had just added two new flavors to complement their line of Philippine Tropicals: Thai Coconut Chip and Philippine Green Mango. The coconut chips have a satisfying crunch combined with creamy vanilla notes, and the green mangoes (they’re picked early just as they begin to ripen) are packed with delicious tanginess that will leave you craving for more.
If you love sweet tropical fruits, you’d want to try the Philippine Mango made from thick, soft pieces of Marabella mangoes and the juicy and delicious Philippine Pineapple. They come in these resealable pouches which make convenient on-the-go snacks whether you need to refuel before a workout or have a long road trip ahead of you.
Now that I got you dreaming about the tropics, I want to tell you about this amazing #FindYourParadise travel sweepstakes Sunsweet is hosting for the chance to win a trip to a warm, tropical destination or a Sunsweet gift basket! To enter, head over to Sunsweet Find Your Paradise Sweepstakes and choose your dream tropical destination.
Once you’ve enter, be sure to come back and share with me in the comment section what your dream tropical vacation is. I’ll go first – Hawaii!
- 8 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup dried pineapple, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup coconut chips
- ½ cup toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup dried goji berries
- Heat chocolate in a double boiler or in 15-second intervals in the microwave, stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove chocolate from heat and pour into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread it into an even layer with a spatula.
- Sprinkle dried pineapple, coconut chips, toasted almonds, and goji berries over the top and press in gently. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Once the chocolate bark is set, break into two inch pieces. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.