Keep your resolutions going strong with these healthy, low-carb Zucchini Pizza Bites!
With the Super Bowl coming up, I wanted some new party snack recipes in my reserve with a lightened up take to help keep your New Year’s resolutions on track.
These Zucchini Pizza Bites are just that! The best part? It’s totally customizable.
I love the combination of black olives, pepperoni, and melted mozzarella, but you can also get creative with regular pizza toppings like crumbled sausage, mushroom and fresh basil leaves. Start with your zucchini base and let’s get cooking!
- 2 large zucchini, cut into ¼ inch thick rounds
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- ¼ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- Optional toppings: sausage, pepperoni, black olives, mushroom, basil leaves
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and cook zucchini rounds for 2 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place cooked zucchini rounds on a baking sheet. Top with marinara sauce, cheese and desired toppings. Place in an oven under the broiler or until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.