This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for reading and supporting this blog! #EatLightEatRight #CollectiveBias
Soft, buttery garlic breadsticks perfect for serving alongside your favorite soups.
After having a mild winter to start, we are now back on regular programming. Bring on the cozy blankets, hot chocolate, and warm soups!
Warming stomach as well as the heart, one bowl at a time. At least that’s how soups are for me. My mom always made soups when I was growing up but for some reason I just didn’t like them at all. Now that I am aware of how much effort goes into making soups from scratch, I can’t get enough! Needless to say, every time I am feeling under the weather or homesick I just want a bowl of soup.
If you’re experiencing the cold that we are here in New York this week, I think you can relate – they’re filling, comforting, and just perfect for those cool winter nights. The only thing that helps to make it better are these fluffy Garlic Butter Breadsticks fresh out of the oven.
These breadsticks are soft and light, and perfect for serving with soups. The buttery garlic topping is just perfect!
- 1¼ tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tsps sugar
- 1¼ cups warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 to 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 3 tbsps unsalted butter, melted
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine yeast, sugar, and warm water in a large bowl and set aside until foamy, about 10 minutes. Add salt, flour, and olive oil, and stir with a wooden spoon until it comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place the dough into a greased bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm, draft-free place until it doubles in size, about 1 hour. Punch down and gently knead few times before using.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into 12 equal portions and roll each into an 8-inch rope.
- Transfer to baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let breadsticks rise for 1 hour. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, garlic powder, salt, and parsley. Remove breadsticks from oven and brush mixture over each breadstick. Serve warm.
I served my breadsticks with Progresso® Light Creamy Potato with Bacon & Cheese, which makes it easy to get the family back into a routine and create delicious, well-balanced meals for the whole family to enjoy. I also love Progresso® Light Chicken Pot Pie Style which tastes exactly like chicken pot pie filling without the crust – so amazing with warm, soft breadsticks! From Jan 1st to the 31st, save $1.00 on four when you buy four cans of Progresso® Soups in any flavor.
Serve and enjoy!