Here is a quick and easy pasta dish to pair with seafood entree any night of the week.
Are you a big fan of seafood? I definitely am one, and am always on the lookout for side dishes that pair well with seafood. Well, I’m happy to report that I’ve finally found a quick, easy, AND delicious one for weeknight dinners!
Fresh lemon zest and juice add a refreshing bite to pasta coated with a garlic cream sauce, and when you finish the dish with some Parmesan and freshly cracked pepper on top, it becomes a restaurant quality dish you’d want to make time and time again. In less than 30 minutes, you’ll have an amazing dinner for any night of the week.
I paired this fresh and zesty side dish with salmon, but it’s also excellent with baked tilapia or shrimp. I love eating salmon because it is one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids out there, and am loving these Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper and Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Bumble Bee. Bumble Bee SuperFresh is a complete line of naturally-seasoned, restaurant quality, “fish-forward” prepared seafood solutions for the home. High in protein and richly seasoned with pure and simple ingredients, it raises the bar for what seafood lovers can expect from frozen food! All of the seafood is no mess and easy to prepare; the salmon fillets come with their own parchment paper baking pouch and go from freezer to table in under 25 minutes, just enough time to make this pasta side.
All you have to do is to slip the salmon into its own parchment (it doesn’t require thawing before cooking) and let your oven do the rest. You can even have it for lunch – it’s easy and delicious!
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsps fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Reserve one cup of cooking liquid and drain pasta.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in cream, lemon zest, and lemon juice, and let it simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Toss in cooked pasta and cheese. If the sauce is too thick, add reserved cooking liquid as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Season with salt and pepper (generously) to taste. Garnish with parsley and additional black pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
Visit the Bumble Bee SuperFresh®website to grab this coupon so you can try these delicous SuperFresh® products for yourself!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.