This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for reading and supporting this blog! #DelightfulMoments #CollectiveBias
Pumpkin Spice Latte makes a welcoming appearance each fall and now you can enjoy your pumpkin spice coffee at home AND in a breakfast coffee cake form.
Can you believe it’s the last day of summer already? The cool and crispness can be felt in the early morning and evening these days which means pumpkin flavored everything, fall foliage, and Thanksgiving (!) aren’t too far away.
To kick things off, I’m bringing in all the delicious fall flavors I’ve been craving by baking this scrumptious sweet treat: Pumpkin Spice Latte Crumb Cake.
I made this cake with breakfast in mind but couldn’t help serving myself another piece for an afternoon snack during coffee break. The pumpkin puree keeps the cake moist and tender, while the espresso powder gives you that coffee flavor without being overpowering. Let’s not forget the crumb topping and spiced sugar glaze. It’s delicious and so perfect with a cup of coffee!
A bonus for making this cake is that it creates such a delightful seasonal aroma in the apartment — it just feels so much more cozy.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsps pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup pumpkin pie spice flavored creamer or milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-2 tbsps pumpkin pie spice flavored creamer or milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-inch round or square baking pan with parchment paper or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make the crumb topping, mix together butter, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon until coarse crumbs form. Set aside.
- To make the cake, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and instant espresso powder in a medium bowl. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, sugar, oil, and creamer. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and even out the surface. Sprinkle crumb topping on the top. Place into oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk together confectioners' sugar and creamer until smooth. Add more creamer if necessary to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake and serve warm or at room temperature.
I used International Delight Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer to add an extra boost of flavor and richness to my cake as well as to make the glaze to be drizzled on top.
It’s also a delicious addition to your morning coffee! A splash of the creamer instantly turns your morning coffee into a cup of pumpkin pie spice flavored perfection.
The creamer can be found in the refrigerated bin within the dairy section of Walmart along with other International Delight creamers in other seasonal flavors.