This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thank you for reading and supporting this blog! #SimplySpecialMeals #CollectiveBias
Fun, easy and delicious side dish perfect for weeknight dinners or even for entertaining.
When I was challenged to create a unique side dish to complement Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken Breasts, that got me thinking… I wanted to make something that is a bit different from the typical mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables, but still perfect for the entire family and most importantly delicious. Hasselback potatoes just fit all those criteria!
Cheddar Ranch Hasselback Potatoes is a fun and delicious savory side dish for kids as well as adults. Whole russet potatoes are sliced into fans and seasoned with ranch seasoning and cheddar cheese in between layers. The potatoes are baked until golden brown on the outside, rich and creamy on the inside, with melted cheddar cheese oozing out. This is an easy and delicious side dish perfect for weeknight dinners or even for entertaining — it’ll quickly become a staple side dish in your house.
Once the potatoes are halfway done, I popped the Barber Foods Broccoli & Cheese Breaded Stuffed Chicken Breasts in the oven and allow them to cook until they get nice and crispy (follow the instructions on the package and make sure the internal temperature is at least 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer). With new packaging as well as a new and improved recipe, the coating is extra crispy, the chicken breasts are tender and flavorful, and taste even better than I remember.
I found these Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken Breasts (also comes in Chicken Kiev and Cordon Bleu) in the frozen food aisle of my local grocery store. Having these entree choices in my freezer really changes my weeknight meal prep and planning as it allows me time to focus on making creative side dishes to round out a simply special weeknight meal.
Some tips for preparing these potatoes!
To cut the potato, lay it down on its flattest side between two chopsticks. With a sharp knife, slice down from top until the knife makes contact with the chopsticks. Repeat until the potato is sliced end to end – it should open up like a fan.
Now that I’ve shared how Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken Breasts make a great meal, share what side dishes you would make to enjoy them! For the latest updates, connect with Barber Foods on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Be sure to grab a coupon here for the Original Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp ranch seasoning mix
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsps fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Using a sharp knife, cut approximately ⅛ inch slices along each potato, stopping about ¼ inch from the bottom.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter with ranch seasoning mix. Drizzle mixture over potatoes between the slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, stuff cheese between slices and bake until melted, an additional 5 minutes.
- Top with sour cream, bacon and chives. Serve immediately.