A colorful arugula salad filled with fresh fruits and dressed with a simple red wine vinaigrette.
While some people are moving towards Fall recipes already, I still can’t get enough of the fresh peaches, blueberries, and arugula from my local farmer’s market. It’s been scorching hot over here this week, so a light, refreshing salad is in the cards!
This salad is loaded with sweet summer peaches, juicy blueberries and peppery arugula, dressed with a simple red wine vinaigrette, and topped with crumbled blue cheese and crunchy almonds to add even more flavors and textures.
You can add a protein to this salad and serve it as an entree salad. Grilled chicken or steak would be great!
Are you ready to move on to Fall recipes, or still hanging onto Summer for as long as possible?
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 4 oz gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange arugula, peaches, and blueberries on a platter, drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat evenly. Top with gorgonzola cheese and toasted almonds.
- Serve immediately.