A simple fruit crisp made with sweet juicy peaches and blueberries. It’s gluten-free, too!
A visit to the farmer’s market over the weekend left me with baskets of fresh blueberries and Jersey peaches, and the first thing on my mind was to make a fruit crisp. If you are looking for a delicious, quick and easy, and gluten-free fruit dessert, then you’re in for a treat.
Fresh, juicy peaches and blueberries are lightly sweetened with brown sugar, topped with a crunchy golden oat topping made with gluten-free honey almond granola, and then baked until the filling is bubbly and syrupy. The result is a wonderful summer fruit dessert that is best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt. This is such an easy, adaptable dessert — it can be made with any fruit combination that you like!
This recipe is inspired by Nature’s Path Organic Honey Almond Granola which is gluten-free, naturally sweetened, and just delicious on its own. You may have noticed that I’m a big fan of Nature’s Path organic cereals and granolas, and if you are wondering what gluten-free granolas taste like compared to regular ones? Well, there’s no difference at all! Plus, I love the addition of chia seeds for a nutritious boost.
- 4 fresh peaches, diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1½ cup gluten-free granola
- 3 tbsps unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the peaches and blueberries with brown sugar and cornstarch. Transfer mixture into a casserole or baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, sti together granola, melted butter, and cinnamon. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over fruits.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and the topping is browned. Serve warm.
This post is sponsored by Walmart. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you so much for reading and supporting this blog! #gfwalmart