A simple fruit crisp made with sweet juicy peaches and blueberries. It’s gluten-free, too!
A visit to the farmer’s market over the weekend left me with baskets of fresh blueberries and Jersey peaches, and the first thing on my mind was to make a fruit crisp. If you are looking for a delicious, quick and easy, and gluten-free fruit dessert, then you’re in for a treat.
Fresh, juicy peaches and blueberries are lightly sweetened with brown sugar, topped with a crunchy golden oat topping made with gluten-free honey almond granola, and then baked until the filling is bubbly and syrupy. The result is a wonderful summer fruit dessert that is best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt. This is such an easy, adaptable dessert — it can be made with any fruit combination that you like!
- 4 fresh peaches, diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup gluten-free granola
- ½ cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 3 tbsps unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the peaches and blueberries with brown sugar and cornstarch. Transfer mixture into a casserole or baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together granola, almonds, melted butter, honey, and cinnamon. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over fruits.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and the topping is browned. Serve warm.