The perfectly simple and healthy side dish to pair with any meal!
Now that James is working in Texas, I have all the freedom in the world to cook anything for dinner. And so far that has included all kinds of fish, vegetables, and grains he normally would not to eat like couscous, wild rice, and farro ;) This quick and easy vegetable side dish also made it to my menu!
This is a clean-the-fridge kind of recipe where you can use up whatever veggies you have. It is perfect as a side dish, or add some pasta or whole grains once cooled to turn it into a colorful pasta salad.
I served them with my Pan Roasted Lemon Chicken for a simple, nutrient-packed meal. Just so healthy and flavorful!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups button mushroom, halved or quartered
- 1 zucchini, peeled and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Coat baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with aluminum foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. Toss with vegetables until they are well coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread vegetables evenly on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through. Serve immediately.