Tuna Nicoise Salad is a perfectly light and healthy meal option that’s packed with fresh vegetables, protein, healthy fats, and a delicious black olive dressing.
Dinner salads have been hands down one of my go-to dinners lately.
Tuna Nicoise Salad is packed with perfect warm weather flavors: refreshing leafy greens topped with California black ripe olives, fresh tomatoes, green beans, potatoes, and hard-boiled eggs, all drizzled with a savory black olive vinaigrette. Now, that’s a recipe packed with protein, carbs, and healthy fats. I’ll be making this all summer long!
This salad is easy enough to put together for a weeknight dinner and elegant enough to impress your guests. I’ve been dressing my pasta salads with this black olive vinaigrette lately, too!
I love the unique flavor, texture, and color of black olives. Plus, olives are an essential part of the Mediterranean diet with lots of health benefits:
- Contain vitamin E, iron, vitamin A, and fiber
- Naturally gluten-free and paleo-friendly
- Of the 1.5 grams of fat in a 15 gram serving of olives, more than 75 percent is monounsaturated fat – the good fat!
Be sure to check out this link for more ways to incorporate olives into everyday cooking. Also, the California Ripe Olives Midsummer Mediterranean Giveaway is happening right now, so don’t miss your chance to win a fabulous prize package to help you enjoy tasty flavors this season and beyond.
- 8 pitted black olives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsps red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb cooked red potatoes, diced
- 8 oz cooked green beans, trimmed
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 2 6-oz cans solid white tuna in oil, drained
- ½ cup black olives
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- Combine black olives, shallots, garlic, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, and olive oil in a food processor or blender and blend until mixed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, eggs, tuna, and black olives over salad greens on a large platter and serve with black olive vinaigrette.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own. Thanks for supporting this blog!