This pasta salad is full of delicious antipasto ingredients – salami, cheese, olives and artichokes – and makes a perfect potluck side dish!
Summer is quickly approaching and it got me thinking about dishes that are perfect for a backyard barbecue or potluck. Pasta salad is a staple at summer gatherings and this colorful Italian Antipasto Pasta Salad is no exception. It’s packed full of delicious, flavorful ingredients and only takes a few minutes to throw everything together!
I started with tricolor rotini, and then loaded with my favorite antipasto ingredients such as olives, salami, mozzarella cheese, and marinated artichoke hearts, tossed with a zesty, homemade Italian salad dressing. You can substitute with storebought Italian dressing if you like, but I like making my own so that I can adjust the seasoning.
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb tricolor rotini or bowtie pasta
- 1 cup pitted calamata olives, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and diced
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 6 oz salami, diced
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
- Mix pasta noodles with olives, tomatoes, mozzarella, red pepper, and salami in a large bowl. Pour Italian dressing over the top and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. Serve cold or at room temperature.
A great thing about this dish is that you can totally substitute with your favorite antipasto ingredients, such as pepperoncini, roasted red peppers, soppressata, crumbled Parmesan cheese. The only thing you need to make sure to do with any pasta salad is let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour to really bring all the flavors together.
Enjoy this delicious pasta salad as a main dish or an addition to your summer picnic or potluck. This dish is also perfect for #NoDirtyDishesDay on May 18! With Dixie Ultra Disposable plates, you can have all kinds of messy meals with friends and family this summer and #NeverDoDishes again.
Dixie has always been there to cut down on your dirty dishes, but the new, stronger Dixie Ultra with its reinforced rim can handle even your biggest meals without bending or folding.
May 18th *special*: Take advantage of this ONE DAY deal and get 20% deal for No Dirty Dishes Day
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.